Don't miss the 3rd annual workshop ,"101 Things Designers Can Do to Save the Earth," on Friday, June 5th, sponsored by SVC and AIGA. This is a FREE day-long event and will feature two of our own presenters.
Jana Nishi Yuen and Mary Hermes will represent Hornall Anderson’s Green Team – a group comprised of HA employees focused on internal awareness of sustainable practices — to discuss the role of the studio’s Green Team and the steps being taken toward becoming authentically sustainable.
This year the workshop will move from the conceptual to the practical, as five design groups – both in-house and agencies – present real-world examples of projects they’ve done. Each is an example of how to completely rethink a project to lighten its environmental footprint. You’ll hear from:
• Kevin Shroer, creative director for REI
• Marty McDonald, founder and creative director of the brand communications agency, egg
• Brian Boram, principal of RMB Vivid
• Mike Peck from Starbucks Creative Group
• Jana Nishi Yuen and Mary Hermes from Hornall Anderson speaking on "Socializing Sustainability – making it a part of who we are and how we work"
The event is presented at no charge by SVC and AIGA Seattle, but pre-registration is appreciated at www.svcseattle.com.