One of the last team members to touch our designs before passing the mechanicals along to the client, Beckon’s eye for detail and technical expertise reflects Hornall Anderson’s standard of excellence through every step of the production process.
Meet Beckon Wyld: Production Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you from Seattle? If not, where are you from?
No. Raised in Iowa.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Fresh out of college I learned about precision and building mechanicals for travel brochures. We did all the mark-ups by hand for each page of all the spreads, that’s a lot.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Running, hiking especially in cold rainy days because we have the place to ourselves, cooking, arts and craft with my kids, anything related to my kids, board games with family
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
Making paper cameras and magic boats.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Being arrogant. Littering. Putting people down.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I was adopted at the age of 10 from Korea without knowing English.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
Run the Boston marathon. Learn to golf. Become a foster parent.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
Be thankful for what you have
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris, from Ferris Bueller's Day Off
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Culture and the staff at HA. Also seeing the printed pieces out in the world and knowing the process and history it took to get there.