Caitlin is a true team player—one that relishes the daily opportunities to think up all kinds of ideas (more specifically solutions to problems), and then execute on them in partnership with a team of smart, creative and inspiring people. She finds exhilaration in knowing she has a hand in brands that influence (and hopefully enhance) people’s lives.
Meet Caitlin Field, Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you from Seattle? If not, where are you from?
While I very much enjoy exploring and inhabiting the PNW, my heart will always be under the Big Sky (Montana), where I grew up on a cattle ranch/my favorite place in the world. It has, however, been a nice change to live in a place where humans outnumber bovines.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
For a while in elementary school I sold crafts on the playground until I realized my business partner (who wasn’t making any of said crafts, by the way) was embezzling company funds. Aside from that, I was a ranch hand most summers—swathing hay, helping with irrigation, moving cattle.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Food is one of my greatest interests/passions, so most of my hobbies generally involve eating my way through Seattle or the world at large in one way or another. I keep an ever-expanding restaurant wish/checklist in my phone. Lately I’ve been trying to take advantage of all the amazing produce/seafood we have available to us here by learning and perfecting how to cook with them. Also my boyfriend recently got a motorcycle and we’re perfecting (zen and) the art of motorcycle camping, which has been an adventure, to say the least. I never saw myself as a motorcycle mama.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Learning new things. And my loved ones.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Big buck hunter. My credit card company may or may not have locked my account due to suspicious charges…more than once.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Selfies. Or people that take the outside seat on the bus so no one else can sit down. Or when waitstaff say, 'No worries' or 'no problem'. Or when people use improper grammar. Their the worst.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I’ve been playing the violin/fiddle (trained classically and otherwise) for more years of my life than not (seventeen, to be exact). I once had the opportunity to tour Southeast Asia on a symphonic friendship tour. I also play at Irish fiddling sessions at a pub just down the street from HA from time to time. I love playing for the elderly most of all. Music and food are my favorite ways to connect with people.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list:
• Lots of traveling on my list, generally. Right now a trip to Japan is near the top.
• Open a restaurant (eeeek.)
• Move back to MT and restore my family’s historic barn as a place to live and work.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
"To assume makes an ass out of ‘u’ and me."
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
It’s less a line and more…this:
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I love that I get paid to learn about other demographics, industries, products, ways of life, and ways of thinking and in turn make my own—our own—mark, in an educated and impactful way. That and getting to collaborate with the uniquely curious, passionate, and intelligent people that make HA.