Chris’ artistic talents as a visualiser are not only evident in his work for our agency, but also can be seen throughout the streets of his hometown. Meet Chris Charlton, Illustrator for our Hull office in the UK.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
Born in Banbury, North Oxfordshire, UK.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you¹ve ever had?
I played in a band that eventually signed to Fontana/Mercury records 1995. We toured relentlessly for two years and played with the likes of Blur, Oasis, Pulp, Suede, etc. Sex, drugs and rock and roll, for sure!
Soda - "The Young Own the Town"
Soda on The Big Breakfast with Zig and Zag 1996
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Illustration—yes, I draw not just for a living; I do it for fun too! Graffiti art.
4. What is one thing you couldn't live without?
Oh, definitely crack. I can't go a day without crack.
5. What is your hidden talent?
I don't know. It's hidden!
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
Despite my fervent crack and alcohol habit I am a loving and husband to my wife Jo and a responsible father of two: Alex (girl) my oldest, and Tom (boy) my youngest.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Due to a house full of children, it would be good to be able to sleep for more than two seconds.
- To be able to sit still at home for than two seconds.
- To be able to eat a meal without being bothered for more than two seconds.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Where's me crack?!”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
I don’t really have one.
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
To draw! I love drawing.