Rather than being classified by her more 'authoritative' sounding title, Claire prefers to be seen as a part of her lovely design team—capable, experienced and very enthusiastic.
Meet Claire Wright, design director at our Hull office.
1. Are you originally from Hull?
Yes, I'm now back where my HA journey all started as a junior, after years in the London studio and some time in Leeds, too.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I briefly worked as a silver service waitress at Newcastle football club, in the posh bit where super footballers of the time like Alan Shearer hung out! I was rubbish at it!
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Before being a mummy:
• Festivals, gigs & singing my heart out
• Pretty, scenic walks
• Getting crafty, baking, gardening
• Taking photographs
After being a mummy:
• Singing & dancing to nursery rhymes
• Pretty places with parks or animals
• Getting crafty, baking, gardening—with Daisy
• Taking photographs of Daisy
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Cheese! My husband would probably say it was my phone. But, really, I think it’s my family.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Being able to write backwards.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Christmas lights done badly.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I nearly pursued a career path based on my top grades for maths and physics.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Hawaii to see the flowers
- Papua New Guinea to see birds of paradise
- And I really want to finish decorating my house!!
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Work hard and be nice to people.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
Not really a favourite, but more fitting at the moment:
“I'll be back!” (after my soon to be 2nd maternity leave) – Terminator
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
The things I get to learn about when starting work on a new job. I love delving in to everything to really get into the world of the industry. Recently, I've become a wine and coffee 'expert', learnt some history of UK water utilities, and got my head around environmentally friendly ways of growing fruit.
And I love our team; we have a lot of fun!