Craig believes the best part of a project is the designing. He loves the challenge of a new brief—seeing it through from concept to completion and putting his own stamp on it. Meet Craig Harriott, Senior Designer at our Leeds office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
No, I’m from Darlington in the North East — not quite a Geordie though. Moved to Yorkshire after Uni and decided to settle in sunny (well it is occasionally) Leeds.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
In between freelancing, I used to be a TV extra. I’d get paid to walk from one side of a room to the other!!!
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I’m currently getting back into running; I used to complete a few half marathons here and there and also ran (mostly) in the London Marathon a few years ago. I also enjoy screen printing, so trying to make time for that, too.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
Not really a talent, but I’m told I make the best brews in the office! Hang on — is this just a ploy to get me to make more tea?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Slow drivers — they just drive me mad (no pun intended).
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I used to fence when at I was at college.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Design and build my own home.
- Have a go at water skiing.
- Stay in the Ice Hotel in Sweden.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“No shit, Sherlock.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“You’re only supposed to blow the bloody doors off.” – The Italian Job
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I still get that chuffed feeling from having the final piece of printed work in my hands. It makes all the blood, sweat and tears that went into it all worthwhile. And of course, the rest of the amazing team I get to work with every day — they’re the best!