Elmer is one of our return alumn here at HA. And while his colleagues and clients value his wisdom and experience as Associate Creative Director, his wife lovingly refers to him (in her best Filipino accent) as “Ass-So-Shit” CD. Meet Elmer dela Cruz, Associate Creative Director at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
Straight Outta Seattle.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I used to work as a dishwasher, busboy, waiter, and eventually bartender. It was a bad idea for them to put me in charge of the liquor inventory. This is where I developed my problem appreciation.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I love cooking (I make a mean Pork Adobo), snowboarding, Seahawks & Husky games, and finding the perfect bowl of Pho. When I’m not tail-gaiting, I chase my children around and drink whiskey after that to cope.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Seeing my babies before I leave for work in the morning.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Karaoke. Specifically The Eagles. Get your songs in first, because I won’t give up the mic once I have it.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Where do I start? Crumbs. Glitter. Eating in my car. Chicken on pizza. Mixing Nike and Adidas gear. Non-matching mani/pedis…
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
Three other partners and I have a men’s clothing brand called GNRL.QTRS. It’s actually the third brand we’ve had since we all got out of college.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
1. Win the lottery.
2. Test out an R8 on Audi’s Sonoma Raceway.
3. Purchase Audi R8 in silver.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“I know I’m goin’ get got, but I’m goin’ get mine more than I get got though.” – Marshawn Lynch
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Talk to me, Goose.” – Top Gun
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I should say it’s the collaborative atmosphere and solving problems with amazing creative coworkers and friends. The truth is that it’s the precious beer taps that inspire me to wake up every morning. That and the supply of Cocoa Puffs.