When asked to describe her role at Hornall Anderson, Emma responded, “Despite what it says on my business cards, I think I mostly just make people laugh (at me, with me, whichever).”
Meet Emma Hunsaker, Client Development Manager at our Seattle office.
1. Are you from Seattle? If not, where are you from?
Negative, Ghost Rider. I’m Sooner born and Sooner bred (from Oklahoma).
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
When I was little, my mom used to encourage me to give pedicures to my aunts and cousins for like five dollars each… kinda gross now that I’m older and understand hygiene and the value of a dollar.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I like to do hoodrat things with my friends, Karaoke, nail art, Nerfing, drinking cheap wine and craft beer, etc. I also fancy myself a dinosaur aficionado, especially the sauropods.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
My nieces think my Sharpie tattoo skills are pretty on-point.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
PEOPLE WHO DRIVE SLOW IN THE LEFT LANE!!
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I have a serious fear of chronic hiccups. Every time I hear someone hiccup, let alone when I hiccup, I freak out because I can imagine few things worse than having hiccups that never go away. Hiccups while you sleep, hiccups at your wedding (if anyone would marry you), hiccups while you shower. All.The.Time.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Sailing to Patagonia
- Getting Claudia to put her bio on the website
- Paying off my parents’ house
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Love all, serve all, and create no sorrow.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs. Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.” – Jurassic Park
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Hands-down the people. I moved 3,000 miles to take this job, site-unseen, because of the people, and I show up to work (usually on time) every day because of the people.