As Garrett explains, if Hornall Anderson delivers brilliant impact, then strategy is the wind up and the swing before the hit.
Meet Garrett Lyon, Strategist at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from Seattle? If not, where are you from?
I grew up about an hour from the Appalachians and just close enough to D.C. to be vaporized from a thermonuclear attack. Thanks future Russia! I moved from Richmond, Virginia.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Roust- a-bout/washer for a tie-die t-shirt factory, or digging graves. Your Pick.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
If I were a smarter man, I would be an astrophysicist. But for now I am content uncovering the black hole of secrets that is a Carolina pig pickin’. Also, making stupid faces in as many places as possible.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Toilet paper—without it, I lose all will to live. There were a few close calls in college.
5. What is your hidden talent?
That’s between me and my cobbler.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Pickadillos. And the over use of the word relevant in our industry. It’s like saying we need to be cool. As anyone who has tried to be cool knows, you are either cool or you’re not, so it’s better to be who we are.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
Needles make me faint, so giving blood gets really messy.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list:
- Run a marathon
- India — I need to see that place.
- I want to drive a tank
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“The end times are nigh!”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“What did you do, Ray?!” – Ghostbusters
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Writing big silly ideas on small silly windows in big silly letters.