Through close collaboration with her team, Holly strives to uncover the truth and celebrate the inner meaning of each client.
Meet Holly Craven, Senior Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city?
I was born in Baltimore, Maryland, but spent most of my growing up years in Salt Lake City, Utah.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I’ve sprayed bowling shoes, poured orange drink at kid’s birthday parties, swept miniature golf courses and counted money all at the same place.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
As cliché as it sounds, I really love to read books and travel. I also like collecting fabric and maybe making something with it. I dabble in cross-stitch, embroidery and stuffed animal creation…all while wrangling two amazing children.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
A really good book. I love the escape.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Speed reading. I can skip vast paragraphs in books and still get the gist of what’s going on.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Just one? Chewing noises. Smelly people on the bus. Crumbs on the counter or floor.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I despise tomatoes. I’m okay with ketchup or tomato sauce, but there’d better not be any chunks in it.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Show my kids the world—first stop Paris
- Really learn how to play the piano
- Get my son to eat bread
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“I don’t know what I’m doing, but I’m doing it as hard as I can.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
"Waiter, there is too much pepper on my paprikash." — When Harry Met Sally
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Seriously, it’s seeing how excited clients get when looking at new design and envisioning what their company or product can become.