A lover of conceptual thinking, Jane enjoys the challenge of designing something from the ground up in a way that ultimately gets people to ‘buy more stuff.’
Meet Jane Jardine, Senior Designer at our Leeds office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
Toronto, Canada via a year in Bermuda. I’ve lived in the UK for almost 14 years, as I have dual citizenship.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I volunteered to be a sea turtle scrubber at the Aquarium in Bermuda. They get an algae build-up, so this needs removing. Since they don’t stand still, you need to walk alongside them while you do it — it was an odd job!
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Working my way through a list of travel destinations, interior design/renovating my 1930s house, car boots sales, eBaying, independent cinema, seeing bands, country walks with my boyfriend, and Benji the spaniel.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
Double jointed hands. And I’m a bit of a pool shark.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
The misuse of the apostrophe.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
What a grammar and spelling geek I am.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
• Dog-sledding + aurora borealis in Lapland
• Design/build an eco house
• Experience living in Europe
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
‘A ship in a harbor is safe. But that’s not what ships are for.’ — William Shepp
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
‘You’re terrible, Muriel.’ — Muriel’s Wedding
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
My favourite part of being a Designer is conceptual thinking and getting to design something from the ground up. And it sounds like a cliché, but it really is my lovely colleagues — work is work, but working with people you truly like and respect makes all the difference.