Jill is very skilled at spending money, specifically Hornall Anderson’s money—but only when it’s to pay the company’s bills.
Meet Jill Winegar, Accounts Payable Specialist at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
I am originally from Tacoma, Washington…not too far away. And I now live across the water in Bremerton…just a ferry ride away.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
One of my more enjoyable jobs was when I worked at a Christmas tree farm, back when I first got out of high school. I was this 5’2” skinny little thing cutting down trees and doing miscellaneous things around the farm. My favorite was when couples would doubt my strength. The look of amazement on their faces when I picked up their trees for them and carried them all the way up to the front of the farm was awesome…tended to get me some pretty good tips as well.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I LOVE going to the Seahawk games. I have had season tickets for nine awesome years. Going on random adventures with my friends and family keeps life interesting. I also love "cooking” with my boyfriend…I say “cooking” because it’s more like I pour the wine and keep him company while he does most of the cooking! ;-)
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
I hate to say it, but I don’t think I could live without Triscuits and cheese! They are amazing!
5. What is your hidden talent?
I actually have two…I am the official “designer” of the accounting department. And I can “sing” any song…even if I don’t know the words. Just ask anyone in accounting…they love it! ;-)
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Liars…I can’t stand them! Just tell the truth…it sets you free!
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
You might be surprised to hear that while working as a bank teller I was robbed at gunpoint…twice!
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
1) Skydive or bungee jump
2) Go to Ireland
3) Ski or snowboard at least once
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Smile…it could always be worse.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
"There’s no crying…there’s no crying in baseball!” — A League of Their Own
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
My coworkers…I enjoy the team we have become. I love that we get along so well and can depend on each other. It’s a great feeling!