When not playing football—physically and virtually, watching football or doing DIY at his new house, Joe is at work either trying to crack the latest design brief or making a proper brew for everyone in the studio.
Meet Joe Wallis, Designer at our Hull office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
Virtually—I’m from a little town on the outskirts called Hessle, home to the
famous Humber Bridge.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Wouldn’t say it was very interesting, but I used to work for a removals company called "Man With Van" to earn a few extra pennies whilst at university.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Following Hull City around the country (even into Europe on one occasion), as well as huffing and puffing my way around a 5-a-side pitch two nights a week.
I would say football (or soccer to you folks across the pond) is my main love in life, but the better half might read this!
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
The better half (just in case she’s reading this).
5. What is your hidden talent?
I’m not sure; it’s obviously very well hidden.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who masticate with their mouths wide open in public!
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m just your run of the mill, ‘Average Joe’. No big surprises!
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Ice Bucket
- Sick Bucket
- Mop Bucket
In that order.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“There are no pockets in shrouds.”
Probably the reason I’m always skint (as well as the house a.k.a The Money Pit).
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
"I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany." — Ron Burgundy
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Coming in to see the people I have such a laugh with on a day-to-day basis and working with some of the most creative people I have ever met.