Jon spends his days helping clients look at problems differently then turns their questions into answers…all while skillfully dodging stray Nerf bullets from friendly fire. Meet Jon Graeff, Senior Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
Originally from the nearby Kitsap Peninsula. Fun fact: The Navy uses dolphins and sea lions to guard the submarines and warheads which are stockpiled there.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I spent a summer in Alaska processing salmon, followed by several weeks hand-digging the basement for a house. It gave me the push I needed to continue my design studies.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Getting into mischief with my kids, making and sampling beer, any type of fitness/outdoor activity.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
A good pillow.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Being a goofy dad.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Using “itch” as a verb.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
- I was in a college marching band. Fun fact: We once tackled a rival’s mascot (The Stanford Tree), inciting a halftime riot.
- I got my first gray hair when I was 11.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Travel though Argentina
- Run my own brewery
- Summit a volcano with my kids
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Never sell yourself short; you never know what life has in store for you.”
“You may love the mountains, but the mountains don’t love you back.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash!” – Top Gun
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Bearing witness to all of the smart, creative thinking that happens every day at HA. The people are so good at what they do, it’s scary.