Jonas is a puzzle solver who thrives on finding solutions for projects that challenge traditional methodology. Meet Jonas Land, Senior Production Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
No I am originally from NYC, but spent my childhood on Cape Cod, and have lived in Boston, Philadelphia, NYC, and moved to Seattle about 14 years ago. I love living here in this beautiful city.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked for many years in the Museums, and galleries in NYC installing, shipping, packing and warehousing large scale art installations. I have met some really fantastic contemporary artists. I met Claes Oldenburg and Dennis Hopper on the same day. I have ridden on top of an elevator in a high rise holding 4 by 8 foot sheets of aquarium glass. It was a tough, but really fun job.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I like painting, gardening, cooking, riding bikes, exploring, hanging with my family and building stuff (not necessarily in that order).
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Disorganization and mean spiritedness.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I spend almost no time in front of a computer when I am not at work.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Travel to Italy
- Get back to painting
- Write a book
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Never ignore curiosity, always bask in the wonder, and be thankful for the time.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
I can’t choose just one:
“The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.” – Willy Wonka
“Throughout the world sounds one long cry from the heart of the artist: Give me the chance to do my very best.” – Babette’s Feast
“Sometimes the spaghetti likes to be alone.” – Big Night
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I love the crew here, and I love the challenges that arise every day.