Judy spends half her time keeping up with all of the new methods of printing and production in the design world, and the other half leading up a team of talented production managers/designers who safeguard all execution of client projects before final release. Meet Judy Dixon, VP of Production at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
The world: My family moved to South America when I has 2, then to Italy when I was 5, and returned to the states (to Connecticut) when I was 8. I have lived in Kirkland, WA longer than any other place.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
While waitressing on Nantucket Island during a summer in college, my landlord hired me and some of my waitress and short-order-cook friends to serve a catered art opening at his gallery. What a cast of characters! Too many details to share here, but it was quite an eye opening event for me about how the rich and famous live.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I enjoy gardening, spending time with my family, playing with my dog, traveling, and taking pictures of places and people.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
I’m “all ears”.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When a person who lacks integrity pretends to have some.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I was fluent in three languages at one point in my life.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list:
- Finish my remodel
- Finish my remodel
- Visit Ireland
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“This too shall pass.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“What does a Space Ranger actually do?” – Toy Story (It’s sentimental for me.)
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Besides enjoying the people I work with, I enjoy the creative challenge in guiding great design to impeccable execution.