Julie is one of our phenomenal gatekeepers for ensuring the work gets done the right way, on time, and on budget—not always an easy feat!
Meet Julie Lock, Project Manager at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from Seattle?
I’m one of the few born and raised in Seattle, Rainier Valley
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I sold cultivated pearls at the Seattle Center. Customers would pick their oyster from a tank of water, and I’d shuck the formaldehyde-preserved oysters to get the pearls out. At least I didn’t have to dive for them too!
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I am obsessed with K-pop and am a Korean drama-holic. love to hike, cook, shop and Jazzercise, but researching, planning and traveling to new places is my favorite.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
How about two? My family and my K-dramas!
5. What is your hidden talent?
I make a mean batch of kimchi
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Tailgating, not the party kind.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
Despite my obsession with all things Korean, I’m not Korean! My family roots descend from Japanese Samurai.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
– Do a mission trip abroad
– Ride in a hot-air balloon
– Hit all 7 continents (North America, Europe and Asia done; Australia, Africa, South America, Antarctica to go)
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“There’s no place like home.” – Dorothy, The Wizard of Oz
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
My coworkers here – they’re the best!
• And in a special guest appearance, our long-time Holland America client and friend, Ann Kennedy asked to add a little something extra about Julie:
“Julie is always up for any adventure from doing a Flash Mob s with her Jazzercise class at the biggest mall in the Pacific Northwest, to making jello shots to get us through our brochure season. She still has a troop of about ten ladies she has known since high school that she dances, exercises, golfs and volunteers with, and who knows what else? We know that she will take out any teenager who gets in the way of her buying tickets to her favorite boy band performances, or encroaches on her computer when she wants to watch the latest episode of a Korean soap opera.
Julie is our Obi-Wan Kenobi. She is so familiar with our brand that she often reminds me when it appears I have left out important text or featured highlights. She secures the best and brightest strategic partners, account managers and designers to work on our projects. Love her!!”