Katinka’s love for design can be found both inside and outside of Hornall Anderson’s walls—whether it’s introducing the younger generation to the world of art, or using her talent to solve her clients’ creative problems. Meet Katinka Donagemma, Designer at our London office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
I am from Milan, Italy, but have 50% German blood and went to a German School, so I am passionately organized and can’t spell any language….
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Safari Camp manager and safari guide in Kenya.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Apart from being a taxi driver for our kids, I am crazy about Pinksie the Whale, a social enterprise that I set up with 3 other mums that brings the arts into schools.
And I love to go on mad travel adventures for charities with our daughter.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Family cuddle, sunsets, the sea, a good glass of wine and a ‘the girls’ night out going crazy dancing…embarrassing for everyone else, apart from me.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Mmmh, still searching…does filing, filing, filing count or being a hoarder count?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Rudeness and fakeness.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I was a photo reporter in Africa.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
• Convincing my husband to live in a tent without his mobile phone, running water and electricity, and a bucket loo…
• Travelling through Mongolia on a horse
• Growing old and having lots of grandchildren and be the mad ‘nonna’ (not my call, but a hope)
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
‘Real style is not having a program — it’s how one behaves in a crises.’
‘Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.’
‘I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.’
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
‘Life is like a box of chocolate; you never know what you goanna get.’ – Forrest Gump
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Well, trying to have adult conversations with my lovely colleagues. I count myself lucky to do something I love and have such a fun and caring team.