Having recently joined the Hornall Anderson team by way of the client side of the business, Lindsay has quickly settled in and is already shaking things up on our front line.
Meet Lindsay Campau, Client Development Director (aka “Supreme matchmaker and evangelizer of all things HA”) at our Seattle office.
1. Are you from Seattle? If not, where are you from?
I grew up in Bozeman MT, and moonlighted in S. California (Redondo Beach) every summer + every other Christmas. My parents accidentally gave me the best of both worlds, and it is the mountains coupled with the ocean that what drew me to the PNW.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
If you could call developing an ice cream scoop bicep from the amount of Pralines and Cream pints I feverishly packed for my family who was all too eager to reap the benefits of my Baskin and Robbins gig at 16...unusual? Perhaps the more interesting side of the story was that as Sr. Sales Associate I had keys to the kingdom that facilitated several Daiquiri Ice –Malibu Rum Slushies my senior year. (And clearly the last time Malibu Rum has come into contact with anything I have since imbibed.)
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Since my 4.5 year old is OBSESSED with Anna and Elsa, I spend much of my free time trying to distract her with the pop-culture of our youth. Otherwise, during my down time it is a tie between running, kayaking, and scotch drinking. Mmmm. Scotch.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
I would have a very hard time living without soup. Those who know me can pretty much wager that I will eat some form of it every day for lunch. And don’t get me started on my Chicken Pho addiction.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Karaoke. And not like the movie Duets, as in “it should be my career” type of Karaoke. I’m talking stage performance, people.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Mean people. Seriously, come on, the amount of energy it requires to be a jerk can be channeled into so many cooler things that might just produce POSITIVE results. Oh, and raisins. There is just no excuse for them.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I possibly have an unhealthy addiction to girly accessories, and those who don’t know me would likely be surprised that I was a pretty solid tomboy until I became a girl somewhere in my early 20s. The odds were against me at home as the one sister to three brothers.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list (things you really want to do or places you want to travel to someday).
- Swim in the Mediterranean Sea
- Learn to play the piano
- Go on an archeological dig in Egypt/Cairo, or in Greece after my swim
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
Life happens while making other plans…just roll with it.
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Looking good Billy-Ray…” (Trading Places)
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
The people. The endless opportunity. The laughter. And knowing I get to be my authentic self, and somehow get paid for it!!!!