Whether she’s working on award-winning client projects, creating Hornall Anderson’s own holiday wrapping paper, mentoring interns, or helping her team bring home the gold in HA’s flip cup challenge, Madison has her A-game…and red solo cup…ready for every opportunity. Meet Madison Schneider, Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
I hail from a little town called Waynesville, Ohio. The heart of America. Where dreams come true and the cows run wild.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
In college I was a Wiiings Team Member for Red Bull, mastering the art of making instant best friends through mass amounts of sugar intake. Basically I got paid to drive around in the Red Bull Mini Cooper, crash concerts, raging parties, and hand out free Red Bull to the “cool kids and sk8r bois”. #SoPopular
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I’ve recently fallen hard for sailing—completing 18 Duck Dodge races this summer as a rookie—one boat was bumped and many beers were lost.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
I can say the 50 states in alphabetical order with a mediocre British accent. It has impressed many crowds.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Nothing spikes my blood pressure more than a person who seals a Ziploc bag without squeezing the air out first.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
In 2011, I moved to New York City and somehow managed to land an internship with a pretty amazing letterer. The only reason she met with me in the first place was because of my borderline creepy email subject header of “I want to feed you”. It was friendship at first donut.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Sail to the Caribbean
- Speak Spanish fluently
- To be one of those lucky people I’ve witnessed on Youtube who are lying on the ground cuddling piles of puppies.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Son of a nutcracker.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Dear Darla, I hate your stinkin’ guts. You make me vomit. You are scum between my toes. Love, Alfalfa.” — The Little Rascals
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I love that no day is the same—keeps the relationship exciting.