A sometimes cat herder of our internal teams, an often times instigator of mirth & merriment, and always a client favorite for her thoughtfulness and ever-present smile, Mandy adds a ray of sunshine to our Seattle halls.
Meet Mandy Robertson, Account Supervisor at our Seattle office.
1. Are you from Seattle? If not, where are you from?
I was born in Los Angeles, but moved up here when I was 8, so I consider it home. Although, I will always be a California girl at heart.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked at The Coug at Wazzu (Washington State University). That was definitely unusual AND interesting. (Go Cougs!)
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Oh there are so many. I love a good hobby. My hobby might be collecting hobbies! First and foremost is travel. Obsessed. Adventure travel—not lay on the beach and sunbake travel. I also love to run and stay active—I try to move in some way every day. I love to read. I sing (sometimes I don’t realize I’m doing it). I woodwork (my dad is an incredible carpenter) and I like to sew, but I’m not patient enough to be very good at it. I love to cook, but my husband is better so I let him do it most of the time. I love frozen yogurt—is that a hobby? Scrapbooking. Photography. Gardening! We have a pea-patch in lower Queen Anne growing tons of squash and yummy, smelly herbs. I love snowboarding, but I get scared going too fast. I LOVE car camping and reading a good book outdoors in a hammock as my husband plays with the fire. Nothing beats the sound of tent zippers in the morning. I love soaking in art at museums, and theater and live shows, and seeing cinema in the park. Exploring the city I live in—that’s a big hobby of mine. Painting and refinishing furniture… drinking WINE. Eating really good food at new up and coming Seattle restaurants. Did I mention my love for travel? That’s a big one.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
I can count to 10 in 5 different languages.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Ugh. I have a LOT of these. People who eat noisily and people who drag their feet when they walk.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I am an absolute hippy at heart. If I could travel back and live in a VW van in the late 60’s, I’d do it in a heartbeat.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list (things you really want to do or places you want to travel to someday).
There are too many to list here—this is an article I’m currently working from.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
Collect moments not things
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Just in cases.” From Love Actually
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I love love love LOVE every single person I work with. The people are what makes HA. Period.