Marcy is our resident Chief Match Maker, Problem Solver, and Cheerleader for the People. In other words, she works with our senior management team and discipline leads to manage overall team/project resourcing, helping craft the best team composition across active projects and new business efforts. Meet Marcy Kelley, Resource Management Director at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
Originally from Bellevue, WA (not the fancy Bellevue; the other part).
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I was a high school volleyball coach for five years at my old high school. So much fun, but high school girls are challenging. Karma sucks.
Fave job pre-career: Barista on my college campus.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
- Sports, sports and more sports.
- Wine. Lots.
- Food. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Wine. Oh, and my family. J
5. What is your hidden talent?
Not much hidden with me.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Slow drivers in the left lane. MOVE THE EFF OVER. Seriously.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I broke both my feet at age 12 on the 4thof July. And then played junior high basketball that same December.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Travel, specifically to eat and drink my way through Italy and France
- Have a house on the lake
- Go to a Superbowl (ideally to watch the Seahawks!)
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Keegan, leave your sister alone.”
“Devin, please don’t hit Keegan.”
“Keegan, you forgot to flush the toilet. Again.”
“I’m totally in for happy hour tonight!”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
Oh boy, there are so, so many to choose from. Here is small sampling:
“Utah…get me 2!” – Point Break
“Do you like apples?
Well, I got her numbah…how do you like them apples?!” – Good Will Hunting
“Well, color me happy, there’s a sofa in here for 2!" – Pretty Woman
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
No question – the people. The relationships formed when you spend time working, debating, solving problems together is powerful. And the laughs we have along the way make it so much fun.