Maureen wears many hats at Hornall Anderson. Advisor. Ambassador. Therapist. Magician…to name a few. Meet Maureen Estep, VP of Client Services at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city?
I was born in California, so I like to say I'm from there because the California coast runs through my blood. But mostly I'm from Seattle, having grown up here since I was a toddler. I moved back to California twice and lived on Maui. A sunny beach is my happy place.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Neither unusual nor interesting, but by far the worst job I ever had was in college as a perfume rep. I loathed it, but it paid really well. One day, I spilled a soda all over the fancy red silk Burberry jacket they made me wear. I quit that day and never looked back.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
My current obsession is Power Pilates. I Iove testing my physical strength and seeing what you can achieve when you commit and focus. And my boys. Being a mom is the most exhilarating roller coaster imaginable.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
I can't imagine living without the people I love in my life. So assuming that's a given, I'm going with a good hug. I definitely can't imagine life without a really good hug.
5. What is your hidden talent?
Does wiggling your ears count as a talent?
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Judgment and blame. It takes a lot to rattle me, but nothing gets my blood boiling more than lack of empathy and perspective. And gossip. What's the point of mixing up someone else's business?
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
Spontaneity is my fuel. My personal life is completely unplanned (and pretty much unorganized). And, I'm a neat freak.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
Is it bad I don't have a bucket list? If I had the financial freedom to be completely spontaneous, I'd grab my family and travel throughout Europe and Latin America without an itinerary or a return date. And, I dream of owning a flower shop in a shared space with my husband's photography studio.
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“The easiest thing to carry around with you is your manners.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“No one puts baby in the corner.” – Dirty Dancing
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
We create and reinvigorate some of the most famous brands in the world. The way we work with clients, by inviting them into our entire process, is unlike any other agency experience I've seen. And the people here; no room for assholes. Pinch me.