A firm believer in "Stay Posi," it’s a rarity to catch Maxwell without a waiting smile when you pass him in the halls. It’s this cheerful disposition that’s earned him the role of “office sweetheart” — or quite possibly that’s just what he’s coined himself.
Meet Maxwell Churchill, Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
I was born in LA, but my family moved just north of Tacoma when I was kid. I have trouble counting sometimes because my heart only knows the 253.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked at Safeway in high school and used to get in trouble because my sideburns went past my earlobes. I was a real rebel.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Camping, skateboarding, snowboarding, road trips, Sounders matches and hanging zorched with the Lot Boyz (you know who you are). I’m also in a band called Weeknites.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Laughter. Can’t get enough of it!
5. What is your hidden talent?
I was a barista for 5 years during college, so I like to think I can pull a mean espresso shot.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Anything labeled “Authentic.”
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
Our family once owned the land that is now Churchill Downs.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Have a gallery showing
- Share a smoke with Banks Violette
- Road trip through the south
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
"Stay Posi.” I’m a big advocate for PMA (positive mental attitude).
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Thank you, honey, this is a beautiful party! You invited all my friends. Good thinking!” – The Room
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Flip Cup Fridays, Bagel Mondays, Lunch Crew, and great people.