To Michael, VP of Creative means if you have a new idea, or a problem, or just want to be heard, he is there for you. He strives to make his clients’ experiences and the agency's work better, and he loves getting to do it every day.
Meet Michael Connors, VP of Creative at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from Seattle?
No, I was born in Minnesota and grew up in Texas. That makes me not a Texan. We moved to Seattle in 1992. That makes me a Seattleite.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
My first job out of art school was designing one-of-a-kind handmade rugs and doors. Then I quickly got my first advertising job. Thank God.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
If you are a good friend of mine, you benefit from my two biggest hobbies: food and drink. I can cook almost anything and love too, and can make just about any kind of cocktail you’ve ever heard of — and a lot you haven’t.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Food—duh—but specifically, different ethnic food every single day. Spicy is good. Something I’ve never had before is even better.
5. What is your hidden talent?
I can draw and paint photo realistically. Unfortunately I don’t like photorealism.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Anyone paying more attention to their phone than the conversation they’re in (including me).
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
That I’m an open book and have no secrets. However, I’m great at keeping your secrets.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
• An ultra-modern house with a “martini view.”
• See the seven natural wonders of the world.
• Support myself on a beach painting seashells (post ultra-modern house).
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are. The second greatest is being happy with what you find.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions.” — Pulp Fiction
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Collaboration. I love the selfless collaboration of the people I work with and learn from every day.