When Mike isn’t heads down in a scrum on the rugby field, he is heads down at his desk focusing on numbers and spreadsheets and taking care of all things ‘financey’ for our UK offices.
Meet Mike Johnson, Finance Director, based in our Hull office.
1. Are you originally from Hull?
Yeah, born and raised in Hull. I spent a few years in Manchester, where I studied a mathematics degree.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Errr…before HA, I worked for an Accountancy practice—not that unusual or interesting. I did play semi-professional Rugby League while I was studying at University though.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Food and Sports—particularly Rugby and Golf.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Red Meat, preferably with a large glass of Red Wine.
5. What is your hidden talent?
It’s not really hidden, but I’m a fairly good Rugby player. I’ve been lucky enough to tour the world playing with the amateur Great Britain team.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who are late!
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I was once an extra in the film, 'A Royal Night Out,' and can be seen several times in the final edit.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list:
- See the Northern Lights
- Visit Angel Falls in Venezuela
- Watch a State of Origin Rugby game at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
‘Shine don’t burn.’
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
‘You wanna make an Omelet, you gotta break some eggs.’ - Fight Club
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
The spread sheets of course… No the people I work with—they’re all great!