Nikki may be known to cheer on the Seattle Seahawks every game, but we’re the ones cheering her on every payday.
Meet Nikki Lasater, Accounting Manager or “Payroll Lady” (and so much more!), at our Seattle office.
1. Are you from Seattle? If not, where are you from?
I was born and raised in Champaign, Illinois. Got married to my high school sweetheart three weeks after I graduated college, then moved to San Francisco, and then to Seattle.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Being from Illinois, we start working when we are kids. I used to work for my uncle in the bean fields. My siblings, cousins and I would walk through the bean fields and pick out the weeds. It was both miserable and awesome at the same time. At the end of the summer, we would get what seemed to be a “big check” — child labor at its best. ;-) Mostly it was fun just spending time with my family, even if it was under ridiculously hot and humid conditions!
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
I love spending time with my husband and kids! We spend a lot of time on our boat fishing, playing, and crabbing. I also enjoy playing golf and camping. Really it could be summed up…if it is outside, I’ll probably like it!
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Boats (both the commuter ferry and my personal boat).
5. What is your hidden talent?
I can wiggle my eyeballs back and forth.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When guys leave the toilet seat up.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
We build three-tier “bleachers” in our living room every year for the Super Bowl for the past 14 years.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Go to Tahiti
- Take my kids to Disneyworld
- Get another tattoo
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Remember the memories from yesterday, embrace today, look forward to tomorrow.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“It's an island, babe. If you didn't bring it here, you won't find it here.” — Harrison Ford in Six days, Seven nights
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I have always enjoyed the people of Hornall Anderson. If I didn’t like the people I surround myself with, nothing would make it worth getting excited about every day!