Paige’s role is focused on seeking out, securing opportunities, and building relationships with new clients for the agency—all with a smile and a soft, southern drawl. Meet Paige Ryan, Director of New Partnerships for our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
I’m a transplant and a blend. I grew up in a small Alabama town with more churches than traffic lights. I then spent 16 years in LA where I developed an affinity for tacos, Korean spas and world-class restaurants hidden in strip malls. Finally, I’ve arrived in Seattle where I’m wondering what in the heck took me so long.
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I’ve been lots of things: A day care worker, a TV producer, a Travel Channel host, a project manager, a voice over artist. I was E.T. in a parade once. Being short has its advantages.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
When I’m not in the office, I’m practicing yoga, advocating for animal rights, rummaging through thrift stores, trying new recipes, acting in plays, telling my cat he’s a god, and debating about finally getting that tattoo. (Should I?!)
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your hidden talent?
I was a childhood ventriloquist.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I’m a published poet.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Open an animal sanctuary
- Learn to play an instrument
- Decide about that tattoo
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Of the two witnesses, hold the principal one.” – Buddhist Lojong Slogan
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Amid the chaos of that day, when all I could hear was the thunder of gunshots, and all I could smell was the violence in the air, I look back and am amazed that my thoughts were so clear and true, that three words went through my mind endlessly, repeating themselves like a broken record: you're so cool, you're so cool, you're so cool.” – Alabama Worley, True Romance
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
Good people, great work, zero assholes, and the free La Croix.