Paula is one of the last team members to touch a project before handing it off to be produced. She’s a gatekeeper that ensures what is released is exactly as the client is expecting. With all of the constantly moving parts, Paula can certainly add cat herder to her list of expertise.
Meet Paula Cox, Production Manager at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
Eugene, OR > Bellevue, WA > Salem, OR > Bellevue, WA > Seattle, WA > Ellensburg, WA > Seattle, WA > Mexico > West Seattle, WA > Issaquah, WA > Berkeley, CA > Bremerton, WA > Bainbridge Island, WA
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I don’t think any of them have been particularly unusual or interesting, but sure have had some fun . . . strawberry fights — hide & seek attacks with the dishwasher-sprayer — Bellevue cops buying us beer at 17 — jerry-rigging the jukebox to play with no money in the wee hours (dance party!) — sunrise motorcycle rides — nighttime skinny-dipping in the pool next door (yes, we were suppose to be working) — laughing until you can’t breathe on those long-lost 3-hr martini lunches — pilfering a Lake Union sailboat on a sunny afternoon . . .
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Lover of Rock ‘n’ Roll, passionate about the Blues, sew for therapy, and garden when possible.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
Do love my cats and my house . . .
5. What is your hidden talent?
Damn good cook.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who think that where they are going is more important than where you are going — in the car, on the sidewalk, on the ferry, in the grocery store, etc.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I haven’t let that slip in the 26 years I’ve been here and probably won’t now.
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Traveling to France
- Learning to throw a great pot
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“Pot will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no pot.” — High Times magazine
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges!” — Blazing Saddles
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?