While not her official title, "Magician" often better describes Rachel’s role at HA. She takes a design file, waves a magic wand, says a few words, and after releasing, it magically appears in a store as the beautiful package the design team intended.
Meet Rachel Sparrow, Production Designer at our Seattle office.
1. Are you originally from your current city? If not, where are you from?
I grew up in Oklahoma and England. I came to Seattle by way of winning a scholarship to attend any of the Art Institute schools in the country. Seattle looked beautiful in photographs, so that’s where I chose to move!
2. Before working here, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I worked a couple of summers in an automobile transmission-rebuilding factory.
3. What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
Knitting, reading, movies, gaming (board, online, rpg, trivia) and camping—not necessarily in that order.
4. What is one thing you couldn’t live without?
I can’t choose just one thing…my husband, family, friends and cat.
5. What is your hidden talent?
I’m good at solving crossword puzzles.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Selfish people. And strangers asking if I’m related to Captain Jack Sparrow.
7. What is something most people would be surprised to know about you?
I studied electrical engineering for four years. I also love to learn foreign languages (so far I’ve studied German, Spanish and French).
8. Name 3 things on your bucket list.
- Have twins (ok, so I may not be in control of crossing this off my list…)
- Learn a language with a non-Roman alphabet (i.e., Russian, Greek, Japanese)
- Travel the world more (So many places to choose! Australia, Japan, South Africa, more of Europe…the list goes on)
9. What is one of your personal mottos or favorite sayings?
“I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.”
10. Name a favorite line from a movie.
“He’s so fluffy. I’m gonna die!!!” – Despicable Me
11. What is your favorite part of your job? What makes you excited to come into the office every day?
I love my diverse, creative, fun group of co-workers.