Have you seen them? Our Hornall Anderson Earth Hour 2010 posters are out about around the city. Created using re-cyled press sheets, these posters have two surprises awaiting those who spy them: as dusk falls, icons gently begin to glow, symbolizing earth coming to life when you save energy; and each poster contains a QR code that reveals various fun ideas for ways to spend Earth Hour. We'd love to hear from you if you spot one of these posters!
With only one week left until Earth Hour, we wanted to share some more ideas with you on how to entertain yourself during that time:
- Take it easy and take a nap.
- Go for a walk.
- Use a flashlight to make shadow puppets on the wall.
- Roast marshmallows in the fireplace and make S’mores.
- Play Hide ‘n Seek in the dark (much scarier!).
- Admire your collection of Glo-in-the-Dark Bobbleheads.
- Host a s?ance.
- Discover the contents of your refrigerator. By feel. Are those Pickles? Or Peppers? Only taste will tell!
- Play Blind Man’s Bluff.
- Check out the Lampyris noctiluca.
- Host a Rave in your living room for your friends, complete with glow sticks.
So, now that you know how to spend it, don't forget to sign your name to show your support to TurnOut for Earth Hour!